For background information you can find some interesting links below.
- For aquiring a Hexapod yourself visit Trossen Robotics.
- For a sound scientific approach how to apply Model-Based Design to make a hexapod spider move smoothly see Motion Control of Hexapod Robot Using Model-Based Design. The MSc Thesis by Dan Thilderkvist and Sebastian Svensson from the Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, Sweden. Especially the chapter 2.2 on “Walking theory” is worthwhile reading.
- You can find more about Telecom Application Developer hackatons at TADhack. Don’t hesitate and register for one of the upcoming events.
- About the Verlet Spiderweb algorithm check out Verlet Spiderweb.
- Fruitflies and spiders crawling on your screen? See Add bugs to your website.
- Just for fun. Watch the first 10 minutes of the wallcrawler’s latest film The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- For open source decentralized messaging implementation using federate servers visit [matrix].
- Have a look at Science4Kids. Inspiring technology for young people.
- Whenever you would like to get engaged in robotics and build your own robot, Mbot is a good start.